black masts and booms?

Gideon

hi i saw some videos with laser with black masts and booms
are they made out of carbon? are they legal? more exspensive than the silver coloured ones? i'm sorry to bother you with these questions:(
thnx in advance!

Lasers of various ages sometimes have different coloured spars. I've seen blue and black spars, owned white spars and now most lasers have silver spars. All basically the same spar (assuming its a class legal part) and not carbon.

hi i saw some videos with laser with black masts and booms
are they made out of carbon? are they legal? more exspensive than the silver coloured ones? i'm sorry to bother you with these questions:(
thnx in advance!

They are painted black at the factory and they are legal. I think they were only sold in Europe. There is a boat at my club with black spars, and they are too hot to touch when they've been in the summer sun.

I think at one point lasers decided just to do black coloured spars for a change because ive got a black set with my boat, (they are no different to the silver ones apart from colour) and ive noticed lots of boats around the 17 mark have them also.

All black laser masts aren't carbon, they are anodized aluminium. If they show the red laser sticker on then they are class legal. It more common than not to find class legal black spars than illegal black spars because most replica spars are silver. They are exactly the same price as the silver ones, however I'm not too sure you can buy black spars by themselves.

Hope I helped

Back