jel coat blisters

Ok, i have an newer laser. A week ago i was cleaning the bottom of it and noticed that it had 2 blisters in the jel coat. Has anyone else had problems like this? The boat i have i got used from vanguared (181226) from an event and it is still under warenty. Hopfully they will repair it. Waiting untill the sailing season dies down untill i take it to them. Its a sweet boat other than that.

If the blisters are lumps protruding from the surface, you need to look for the source of the water. Is it stored sitting on a wet carpet?

If you are writing about voids where the paint ( Gelcoat) would still be ther but there was nothing behind it...you may have a warranty proble.

If the blisters are the sticking out type...solve that water problem before things get worse.

If the blisters are voids?? Follow the directions from the dealer where ever you bought your boat.

The blisters are the the void type, came from the builder, there is one in the white part and another one in the blue. It kinda surpised me that they were there because of it being a new boat. They dont make them like they used to i guess. My old 76 boat is lasting forever and the problems keep coming with this new one. I guess i spelled gelcoat wrong eirler, sry people.

Back